Available from January 5th, 2015
Colorware is driven to provide you with the best print quality software available on the market. Our customers world wide value our direct response to industry changes and speed of feature implementations. To help our customers respond to rapidly changing markets and print quality requests even faster, Colorware releases PressView 15 on January 5th, 2015.
PressView 15 continues on the path of PressView 4 and adds tons of new features and enhancements.
The best thing, PressView 15 comes as a FREE upgrade for ALL our version 4 users!
PressView 15.1, New features and improvements
Version 15.1 is probably one of the most extended FREE update we have ever released.
With over 60 great new features and usability enhancements, this is really something you want to use.
Summary of the important new features and enhancements:
- New software installer now installs and configures everything with ease. No more manual system tweaking or preparations needed.
- New Software License system, easily managed from one central location
- PantoneLIVE integration for all software modules
- XRite eXact scanning support over USB and Bluetooth
- XRite IntelliTrax usability and functionality enhancements
- Techkon device communication enhancements and options over USB and Wifi (for selected devices)
- Many usability enhancements like drop-down filter boxes, touch screen support, ability to quickly find spot colors via measurement
- New CTP curve formats like Fuji XMF
- Direct close loop support for Shinohara offset presses
- Improved integration with Rutherford’s closed loop system allowing automatic presetting on press
- System performance and stability enhancements
If you want to update your present PressView version to PressView 15, you NEED a NEW license key. If you want us to replace your present license key for a new PressView 15.1 license key (and send you a link to the PressView version 15.1 download), please send us an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Company and contact name of end user
- Company and contact name of you as reseller
- PressView version and serial number presently being used
- Date you want to update
PressView 15 runs on the following operating systems:
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2
Important! Windows XP and Server 2003 are not supported!
Updates, upgrades and product warranty from January 1st, 2015
The new License system also changes some details in the update/upgrade/warranty policy.
The new version numbering
The main version number represent the year of release, followed by the sub-version which indicates new features are added.
The third and last number represents a maintenance release (bug fixes).
Version 15.2.106 is the second feature release of 2015 where .106 indicates the build number for the maintenance release.
15.2 Is the important number for your software license and the upgrade policy.
Colorware Software Warranty
Customers will have one year full warranty on their purchased software products.
This means that Colorware guarantees free bug fixes and free updates for one (1) year after purchase of their software products.
Colorware Software Upgrades
Feature releases or Software Upgrades add new features to the software.
New features are released as soon as they become available, guaranteeing the fastest response to changing market demands.
Customers are entitled to ALL feature-upgrades FREE-OF-CHARGE for a period of 12 months after purchase.
After 12 months, new feature releases can be purchased via a Software Upgrade program. If you want continuous free updates and upgrades, you need to apply for the Colorware Software Assurance Plan (CSA).
Colorware Software Assurance Plan (CSA)
If you always want to have access to the latest software release of the software, you need to apply for the Colorware Software Assurance Plan (CSA, yearly renewal).
This plan will allow you to upgrade immediately, as soon as the latest features become available and always stay ahead of your competition using state-of-the-art print quality tools. Always access to the latest software version.
The Colorware Software Assurance Plan is available for all Colorware software products. Please indicate on your PressView Purchase Order if you want to make use of this option.
Note: the first years’ CSA effectively covers 2 years free upgrades after purchase: one year free upgrades for all customers and one additional year is covered by the CSA plan.